Above is W Magazine‘s knock-out September fashion spread that appears to have been shot on the grounds of some sort of supermodel training academy. Below, for a fun comparison, is the current NYC Department of Education dress code.
Student Dress Code
In order to provide an environment conducive to promoting educational excellence with minimum distractions and disruptions of the learning environment, we expect you and your child’s cooperation in complying with the following dress code. All students, both male and female, are expected to give proper attention to personal cleanliness and to dress appropriately for school and school functions. A student’s dress, grooming, and appearance, including hair style/color, jewelry, make-up and nails, shall:
• Recognize that extremely brief garments such as tube tops, net tops, halter tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, plunging necklines (front and/or back), clothing that exposes mid-section of the body, mini skirts, and see-through garments are NOT appropriate for school.
• Ensure that all underwear is completely covered by outer garments.
• Include footwear at all times.
• Not include the wearing of hats in the building, except for acceptable documentation of medical or religious purpose.
• Not include items that are vulgar, obscene, and libelous, or denigrate others on account of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
• Not promote or endorse the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs, and/or encourage other illegal or violent activities.
Students who violate the dress code shall be required to modify there appearance by covering or removing the offending item, or, if necessary or practical, replacing it with an acceptable item. Any student who refuses to cooperate may be required to return home with a parent/guardian or be suspended.
Visit W Magazine to see the seriously amazing spread in its entirety.
Photos by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, styled by Edward Dnninful, hair by James Pecis, makeup by Karim Rahman and Lynsey Alexander.
SOURCE: Into The Gloss – Read entire story here.