GET THE LOOK:
When you guysÂ think of overalls, do you immediatelyÂ associate themÂ with a casual look, maybe paired with a t-shirt and sneakers? That type of outfit is of course totally cute and very easy to throw together, but I wanted to takeÂ this black denim pair up a notch, style them a little differently and show you that you can most definitely dress them up! Read on to hear why this outfit works…
WHY IT WORKS:
- The goal of this look wasÂ to elevate the casualness of these black denim overalls, so I picked a top that felt special to me and that made me feel feminine – basically something I would typically wear to get dressed up and go out.
- The bell sleeved blouse bringsÂ aÂ 70s vibe butÂ when paired with a peacoat and pointed booties, the look becomes a bit more modernÂ and creates an interesting juxtaposition.
- TheÂ jewel tone colors of the top feels glam, while the overalls still keep it comfy and casual.
- The top isÂ really the statement piece, so I stuck with black accessories to keep everythingÂ simple.
- I wore my pointed patent leather rain booties because it was supposed to rain all day but if it wasn’t wet and rainy outside I would have swapped them out for my favoriteÂ classic black booties, which are also currently 25 percent off!Â (If you are in the market for a pair of chic boots to wear in the rain, check these out.)
And there you have it! If you have ANY questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or you can send me a message on InstagramÂ – my handle is @mystylepill. I hope you enjoyed this type of explanatory post soÂ let me know if you want me to keep doing them! xo
SHOP THE POST:
SOURCE: My Style Pill – Read entire story here.