Inspiration: MODE/AKM-GSI via WhoWhatWear
What strikes me about this outfit is that “basics” can be so fun. A black skirt and ivory top doesn’t sound very exciting, but when you add in details like leather, an asymmetrical zipper and a turtleneck, it yields an outfit I’d be plenty excited to wear!
Jacket: ASOS c/o ShopStyle, $57 (similar, similar)
Top: H&M, $10 (similar, similar, similar)
Skirt: Vince Camuto c/o, old (similar, similar, similar)
Shoes: Vince Camuto c/o, old (similar, similar, similar)
Purse: Michael Kors/Macy’s, $270 (similar)
Earrings: My Stella & Dot
Approx. dates: Purse is 3 years ago. Skirt, shoes and jacket are 1 year ago. Top is recent.
Also, I recently started watching Downton Abbey (what took me so long?!!). I am completely obsessed and was disappointed to learn that the series is in its final season. I brainstormed some favorite books and movies to share, in hopes that you may have recommendations, too. Do you watch Downton Abbey? What books and movies do you recommend?
If you like Downton Abbey, you might like…
1. The Shell Seekers – Follow a family’s story over several decades set in Europe. There’s war, a famous painter, romance. Can’t recommend it enough!
2. Jane Eyre – This classic British romance is my second favorite novel, and in particular this movie version is unbelievably good.
3. Marie Antoinette – This movie is mostly fluff but you’ll get a bit of French culture/history and the costumes alone are worth a watch.
4. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes – Singing, dancing, Marilyn Monroe, dazzling costumes. Get your girlfriends together to watch it.
5. White Christmas – The best Christmas movie! A heartwarming story line, impressive dance numbers and all the Christmas cheer you could ask for.
SOURCE: J’s Everyday Fashion – Read entire story here.