By now, most of you probably know I grew up a serious tomboy, loved sports, and was convinced I was going to be the first woman quarterback in the NFL. I grew up watching football with my family every Sunday after church. My family loved to have people over so it was always an event with my cousins or friends. To be honest, we grew up huge Seahawk fans, so they are probably disowning me after reading this post and seeing me in my Patriots gear but Cody is a big Tom Brady fan so I supposed both. Now that Beckam is getting old enough to want to throw the “baseball” outside (he keeps confusing baseballs and footballs it’s becoming a family affair. Watching the big game is always a great way to bring friends and family together, so I wanted to share a few things you need for hosting a game-day at your place!
1. Team Pride! Go Patriots! (Unless they are playing the Seahawks Donning your fan gear immediately gets you in the spirit! Macy’s has this collection of game-day pieces by Alyssa Milano and I’m obsessed with the vintage looking sweaters! Usually fan apparel means oversized graphic tees or jerseys, so I love that this NFL collection has these more feminine stylish options to support my teams!
2. An abundance of food. Most football games run over 3 hours so you’ll definitely want to make sure you have plenty of options for people to snack on. My stepmom’s cheeseball recipe is my favorite plus it’s super quick and easy. You can also stagger some snacks (or even pizza delivery) for a good half-time break.
3. The Pregame. Half the fun of a football viewing party is the pregame (hello tailgating!). Play a pick-up game of football outside before the game to get your energy pumping or board games with friends!
4. Good friends. What’s a football game without someone to watch it with? Invite your friends over to cheer with you and your team (or even better – friends that are cheering for the opposite team to bring that competitive spirit to life ;).
5. Lose yourself in the game. Disconnect from your phone while they game is on and have fun cheering with your S/O!
*In collaboration with Touch by Alyssa Milano.
SOURCE: Hello Fashion – Read entire story here.