Obsessed with these pants! I have them in a couple colors they are my go to all time favorites!! The seamless ankle makes them really comfortable.
Now that I finally have some more energy, I’ve been a lot better about regular exercise. I’m the type that’s overly cautious and I’ve researched what kind of exercise is ok during pregnancy and what to stay away from, so running has become one of my go to pregnancy workouts. Now my version of running while pregnant is probably about half the speed of normal runners and I value a pretty scenic route to make running more enjoyable!
I just got some new lululemon pieces from their running collection. You guys know how much I love my Fast and Frees – I wear the black ones a minimum of 3 times a week, for errands, working out, whatever. They have side pockets for your phone which I love and a seamless ankle which makes them really comfortable. I seriously swear by these pants!! I was excited to get them in another color (these are grey sage – so pretty!) Also got this cropped version here which comes in 10 colors. A few other things I added: this mesh tank (comes in 5 colors and I might need them all!) and this sports bra (insanely comfortable – so supportive! I have it in another color and loved the white!)
There are so many benefits of running so I wanted to share 10 reasons to run!
- Cardio: Running is obviously one of the best forms of cardio – it burns calories, strengthens your core, and seriously helps your heart health.
- The Runner’s High: Running releases dopamine, the chemical that’s known as the ‘feel good hormone’, so it really can make you happy.
- Alone time: Honestly, even if you are running with a friend, running is always a time to clear your head and gives you time to think through and process things that may have been on the back-burner for a while.
- Friend time: And of course on the flip side, if you prefer working out with a friend, your runs will be a great way to spend time together that you might not be able to fit in elsewhere during the day.
- Something to be proud of: There’s nothing more rewarding than the feeling of pushing yourself and eventually reaching your goals, whether that’s pushing yourself to go farther, faster, or just being consistent in your runs.
- Fresh air: Running outdoors can be an experience in and of itself, whether you like the thrill of running through a busy city or the peace of a quiet trail run. lululemon actually has a global running club (the Strava App) that lets you find local run routes if you’re not sure where to start (also priceless when you are traveling and not familiar with the area!). It also lets you connect with other runners and helps you track your progress – such a great tool!
- Helps flush your emotions: You guys have heard me talk about my foot zoner, and one really interesting thing she told me was how important exercise is for our emotional health. Getting your blood pumping for 30 minutes a day will help you flush out all kinds of emotions that your body has already processed and doesn’t want to hold on to anymore.
- Easier, Faster Labors: Throwing this one in for those fellow pregnant mamas, but exercising during pregnancy makes a huge impact on your deliveries and postpartum! (Note to add, if you’re not much of a runner before you get pregnant, you might want to build strength in other ways.
Below are a few more lululemon pieces that are perfect for running:
*In collaboration with lululemon and ShopStyle.
SOURCE: Hello Fashion – Read entire story here.