Less is always more. This is my style mantra – I am a firm believer of not over doing things when it comes to fashion. I definitely take Coco Chanel’s advice of “take one things off when you leave the house“, literally.
Minimal dressing or refining your style to wearing key pieces each day is an easy way to make your wardrobe go a long way. I like to invest in neutral pieces that have a unique quality about them and build my wardrobe from there.
Today’s outfit is a classic example of what I am going to be wearing this Winter. Ah, Spell Design you have me utterly obsessed!! The lace bell sleeves on my top are absolutely incredible!
White and Black doesn’t have to mean boring if you get all the textures right!
I chose to wear this pretty casual for lunch out in Terrigal today, however, this look can be worn so many other ways . That’s the great things about good denim and lace, they are just so versatile!
THREE ITEMS TO UPDATE YOUR WINTER WARDROBE
- High Waisted Denim Jeans in black or a dark shade instead of Indigo
- Wide Brim Hat instead of a beanie
- Soft, lace blouse instead of a white collared shirt
YOU COULD ALSO WEAR
- Change of shoes: Add in ankle boots or over the knee boots.
- Jacket: Add in a leather jacket or grey long lined trench to add another textural element + warmth!
- Hat: Change the colour of your hat out to add a different feel. Black or a chocolate brown.
- Accessories: I’ve worn this look with bangle stacks and big earrings to dress it up.
WHAT I AM WEARING
- Top: Spell Design Byron Bay Top. I have worn this countless times. My other favourite combo for it is denim cut off and my cowboy boots! This top with it’s beautiful structure and cut is definitely the focal point of this outfit.
- Jeans: Jag Denim from their Made To Fit range. They are the perfect pair of high waisted jeans. So excited to be able to wear these more now that it’s cooled right down
- Hat: Third Form. I fell in love with the wide brim on this! It’s my Pharrell hat!
- Shoes: Finery The Label heels – they’re great for everyday wear without being over the top!
- Wallet: A new leather piece from Stitch and Hide – the perfect finishing element to this outfit
I am selling a whole bunch of clothes and shoes on EBAY! Come over and check it all out!
Big thanks to Jonathan for my images!
SOURCE: Substance | Sydney Australia Fashion Blog – Read entire story here.