I have so many beauty faux pas lurking in my closet, so today I thought I would share some of the finer moments.
Â BAD FOUNDATION
- I wore layers of Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in year 11 and 12. If photos are anything to go by, ivory was not my shade.
- Not blending products – that horrible foundation line or the horrible eye shadow line!! For years I stopped at my jawline when it came to foundation instead of blending down towards my neck. My sister used to always come up and try and blend with her fingers, which I detested. Why! WHY, didn’t I listen?
- I used to be a repeat offender for using a foundation that was about two shades lighter than my fake tan. I didn’t realise you had to buy a deeper shade. Thank god for the internet for helping me get rid of my floating face.
- I used to apply foundation heavily all over my face, instead of the center and blending outwards like I do now. Because of this I had a visible link from not blending the colour from the forehead to my hairline. SEXY, I KNOW.
- The word beauty hoarder comes to mind – I was notorious for holding onto things when they’re years past their use by date. Shelf life is there for a reason.
FAR TOO DARK
- Dying my hair far too dark for my skin tone. From 2007-2009 my hair was basically black.
OH GOD, MY BROWS
- Over plucking my brows – as seen in this video!!
- Shaving my brows. I shaved the ends of my brows off circa 2004-ish – where was my sister when this happened?!!
I LOVED SILVER & I PROBABLY SHOULDN’T HAVE
- Silver eye shadow all through my teens: I stole an eye shadow from my sister (Hi Bec). It was in roller form, so super simple to apply. I absolutely loved it and wore it every day up until it ran out. Looking back, that colour was TRAGIC.
STEP AWAY FROM THE BLUSH, ALLY
- Overzealous blush application: I still haven’t quite recovered from my blush days, hence why I rarely wear blush now. I also have a pink based undertone of my skin, so this look, looked horrendous on me.
THE THINGS I’VE DONE TO LASHES
- Applying eyelashes on a friend in high school with nail glue – this was a huge mistake. Kristy if you’re reading this, remember how puffy your eye got?!
- Curling my lashes with mascara on – I’m fairly certain my eyelashes fell out. I used to also apply so much mascara it looked like I had spider legs as eyelashes. Apparently I was just 10 years a head of the game though, as that look is currently trending (GROSS!!).
I LOOKED HIGH
- In 2007 I loved contact lenses and I would wear them any time we had a house party. One night I didn’t bother to take them out and figured nothing bad would happen if I slept in them – turns out that is the worst thing you could do. My eyes were so blood shot and itchy – I looked so high! Explaining that to my best friends Mum was interesting. Ha.
WE’VE ALL BEEN HERE
- I also slept in my makeup a lot as a teen.
THIS ONE DOESN’T REALLY COUNT
- I used to apply lotion fake tan with socks (like a mitt) in high school. I’m guessing mitts were a thing then, but I just just hugely ignorant and I lived in a small town. It’s not so much a faux pas, I guess it’s better than having orange hands right, I just wouldn’t do that now.
Uhhh, Is anyone else guilty of these? What beauty faux pas have you made?
SOURCE: Substance| Style, Advice, Life – Read entire story here.