FIRST ONE is 1. DON’T: Over book. Maui is a really laid-back, slow-paced spot and even though there’s so much to do on the island, you won’t be able to appreciate it with a full itinerary. Cody’s family is always go-go-go on vacation and I tend to lounge more, so I think it ends up being a good balance – where there’s enough on your schedule to keep you moving but not too much that you don’t have down time. There’s nothing better than finding a good hammock with a view, or a pretty spot to let B get some energy out.
2. DO: Stay at the Four Seasons Wailea. The property is right on the beach (a non busy beach which is nice!) We were constantly going back and forth from the beach to the pool so I loved the location! Infiniti pools are my all time favorite, but they are 1000x better with a view overlooking the beach. So pretty! The rooms are so spacious, especially the bathrooms! I love having big bathrooms when we are at beachy places because we are always all usually trying to get ready so fast after the pool or beach to head to dinner and explore more. The resort has great restaurants and daycare so you don’t have to leave if you don’t want to, but there is a lot of stuff right by the Four Season’s too: shopping within quick walking distance, good restaurants, and of course beaches.
Favorite lounge place at the resort! Best views for sunset!
Tell me this isn’t the best ‘Wet Floor’ sign you’ve ever seen at a resort! I have an obsession with pineapples!!
3. DO: Cliff jump. Even if you are afraid of heights, or don’t think jumping off a cliff into the ocean is something you would ever want to do, DO IT!!! There is nothing like the rush of doing something you never think you would do!Make sure you get a photo to prove it though. We went cliff jumping over by Kapalua Bay it’s on the opposite side of the island about 45minute drive so plan a day for exploring and seeing different beaches.
4. DO: Stop at the Fresh Fruit Stands! I couldn’t get enough of all the cool food trucks and fresh fruit stands. This smoothie stand was so cute and of course everything tasted amazing (would you expect anything less of fresh fruit in Hawaii? haha). Also obsessed with all the pineapples!
5. DON’T: Be afraid to go barefoot! Embrace the island, go no makeup, go barefoot! It’s seriously so freeing!
6. DO: Pay attention to the waves and currents! We went to Big Beach and jumped right in. We heard the waves were big but didn’t think much of it – I thought I was a strong swimmer then the under current kicked in and me and my friend both got sucked under. The life guard is yelling get out of the water get out of the water lol. What was more funny is literally two minutes later, local kids were rolling in the waves no big deal! The locals definetly handle the waves soooo much better but don’t under estimate how strong the current is! It can easily suck you under!
7. DO: Catch every sunset. I always make it a point, no matter where we are traveling, to have a good view at sunset. Cody teases me that I comment on how amazing the colors are, and that I’ve never seen anything prettier, and then say the exact same thing 30 seconds later and repeat it about 10 times before the sun actually sets. The Four Seasons Wailea has some amazing view points for a good view of sunset over the water. Nothing beats those colors! Also wait it out!!! The first picture below is at the verrrrrry end of the sunset the colors all of sudden went crazy bright and colorful like nothing I have ever seen before. The ones below that pic are earlier in the sunset so wait it out for the rich colors! They only last seconds but they are so beautiful!!
8. DO: Go to the cutest lemonade and smoothie place on the island. It’s called Wow Wow Lemonade! Typing this post is already making me crave their delicious smoothies again!
9. DO: Take a private helicopter ride to a secluded waterfall! This is an exclusive experience through the Four Seasons and hands down, the coolest thing we did in Maui! They take you on a private helicopter tour to a private, secluded waterfall (up to 4 passengers :). I was screaming so much I lost my voice before we even landed at the waterfall. It was an open-door helicopter so we got that adrenaline rush but the views were even more of a rush. Seriously I can’t even describe it, but it’s one of those things that I never would have thought to add to my bucket list but now that I’ve done it I can’t suggest it enough. These pictures don’t even do it justice, but it was such a trip! I’ll be sharing more pictures soon but had to share a few!
What are some of your favorite things to do in Maui??
*Photos by Aaron Brimhall and some from my iphone // Also big thanks to the Four Season’s for hosting our family!
The post Ultimate Travel Guide: 9 Must-Do’s and Don’ts in Maui appeared first on Hello Fashion.
SOURCE: Hello Fashion – Read entire story here.